I’ll show you mine if you show me yours…
Your socially awkward moments that is.
I had to write a blog post on this because the more I analyzed my behavior, the more I realized I had a LOT to analyze. Ha!
Which made me think, what are some funny things I’ve done in the name of social anxiety?
I was able to come up with 10 things I’ve personally done as a socially anxious introvert. If you’re also socially anxious (or were), you’ll relate to this list. If you’re not, pay attention, because we can’t be the only ones dealing with this nonsense. You might as well be aware of what we’re going through damn it!
For more fun details about each bullet point, head on over to the blog post, I promise you’ll chuckle out loud.
But here are the 10 things I’ve done:
1. Plan out each conversation in advance
2. Make the mistake to wave at someone
3. Run across the aisles to avoid someone
4. Ask someone else to make calls on my behalf
5. Ask a friend to ask someone to take a picture
6. Refuse to call out a mistake
7. Ask questions
8. Accept an invite & hope the event gets canceled
9. Push the close button in an elevator
10. Go in the opposite direction I need to go in
What are some things YOU’VE done?
P.S. It would mean a lot if you shared this article with friends who can relate 🙂